Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Awesome Table Reveal

It took months for me to finish this silly little table!  I found her on the side of the road in serious disrepair, sitting all alone in the rain.  I picked her up and brought her in out of the rain, only to realise that one of the legs was broken and almost all the seams were popped.  I thought I was in over my head with this pretty girl, she seemed to have lead a hard life, only to be thrown away.  Besides, I knew when I brought her home the husband was going to be a nay sayer.  For a little while, I thought he might be right.

I glued and I sanded, I filled and I sanded, I painted and I sanded, I painted some more and I sanded, (you getting the idea here?  Alot of sanding was involved!) I stained and I waxed and I drilled, and viola` se was finished!  Inbetween all that sanding and painting and staining, I took a very long break.  *giggle* get it, a break?  I broke my rib coughing in early January, and that put a stop to almost all my projects, including this one.  I finally felt better this last week or so, so I gave it a whirl, and she was done in no time at all.

Are you ready for the reveal??  Here she is before...























Pretty sad right?!  So now on to the good stuff!! 
Take a look at her now!







 
 
She'll be joining the craigslist party tonight, but in the meantime, I get to enjoy all her prettyness and she is making a sweet little statement in my front room.  Makes me smile everytime I walk in  there!  Until next time...








Here's to Messy Hands and Happy Hearts

1 comment:

  1. That's a cute little table but i love the chalkboard sitting on top of the table, gorgeous!!:)

    ReplyDelete

Join the crazy train here->